While Thailand officially made cannabis for medical treatment legal in 2019, that doesn’t mean anyone can just walk into their local pharmacy or marijuana dispensary and buy bud.
Cannabis is still highly regulated in Thailand and law enforcement still takes possession seriously.
With legal penalties ranging from 5 – 15 years, knowing the cannabis laws in Thailand is important.
- Is Marijuana Legal in Thailand? The Definitive Guide
- Is CBD Oil Legal in Thailand? Everything You Need to Know
- Misleading Cannabis News in Thailand
- Top 10 Reasons to Speed up Legalization of Cannabis in Thailand
Thailand has been taking a slow and steady approach to making cannabis available to the public.
Currently, only licensed care givers who have received special cannabis therapy training may prescribe cannabis for qualifying conditions, and only specifically licensed hospitals and clinics may dispense cannabis in Thailand.
But the number of clinics is expanding rapidly, and while not all of them see foreign patients, so we keep you updated on where you can go for treatment.
- Medical Marijuana Clinics in Thailand
- Can Foreigners Get CBD or THC at a Thai Clinic?
- How To Get CBD in Thailand Legally as a Foreigner
- Medical Cannabis Rules for Thais
- First Time Medical Cannabis User from US
- HE Medical Cannabis Clinic in Thong Lor Bangkok
Cannabis is a fascinating field of healthcare that is only now being explored. While CBD and THC are the two most commonly known forms of cannabinoids, there are at least 142 others, each having different therapeutic properties and potential for medicines.
Cannabis is being has shown promising results in treating everything from X to Y.
Learn more about this new and exciting field of medicine.
Thailand has a long history, dating back hundreds, possibly over a thousand years, of using cannabis in foods, medicines, and for clothing.
For Thais, cannabis was an integral part of Thai culture and daily life until the global drug wars forced Thailand to penalize the use of marijuana and hemp.
- History of Marijuana in Thailand
- Ganja: Why Thais Call Marijuana Ganja
- Is the Word “marijuana” Racist in Thailand?
While Thailand has gotten off to a slow start after legalizing cannabis, that hasn’t stopped cannabis culture and cannabis related events from charging forward.
Thailand is at the forefront of cannabis in the region and many Thais are excited about the economic prospects for their country and many are rediscovering cannabis culture.